Study English abroad has established itself over the years as the most effective method to perfect and master the language. Beyond its enormous academic value, it is undeniable that participating in a language course abroad is going to provide us with innumerable benefits on a personal and cultural level that we would miss out on if we stayed in Spain.
There are innumerable agencies in Spain that offer English courses abroad and the educational offer of all of them can be endless. To facilitate the research work, we are going to see below in detail what academic options we can choose from.
What types of English courses abroad currently exist?
BEST AGENCIES TO STUDY ENGLISH ABROAD IN 2020
- Group trips departing from Madrid in the summer courses.
- Organize together with the Real Madrid Foundation language immersion + soccer programs in England
- Specialists in summer courses for young people and academic year abroad since 1984.
- Overall rating of their courses above 9.18 points out of 10.
- All summer groups are accompanied by a monitor during the trip and the entire stay in the destination country.
- Very close and individualized treatment. The places of the summer courses are very limited for greater control
- Offers scholarships to study abroad, such as the scholarship granted by the city of La Coruña to 60 students to participate in the program of School Year in USA and the scholarship Royal Oaks Knights, an American football team based in Madrid that rewards one of its players to study a semester in the US with CLS.
- Collaborate with various solidarity projects like kindergarten Zion Care of Tanzania and the organization New future.
- Audited annually by the independent auditor Lloyd’s register obtaining the highest possible rating: Premium Category
- It does not offer work or au pair programs abroad.
- Less offer of language courses abroad for adults compared to other agencies.
- It does not offer courses in Malta, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Collaborator with the Real Madrid Foundation since 2008
- A very high percentage of their monitors are former participants experts in the program they supervise.
- Wide variety of destinations offered.
- Bet on personalized treatment.
- Reference agency in Galicia in the organization of language courses abroad.
- Agreements with American universities to receive foreign students for stays of 3 to 10 months.
- They offer the possibility of studying a school year in France and on a ship sailing around the world.
- Less experience in managing language courses for adults.
- They do not offer au pair programs or work abroad.
- Specialized in summer courses for young people in Ireland and England
- They offer programs for participants from 6 years old.
- Group trips departing from Palma de Mallorca
- Reduced catalog with few programs ensuring a good personalized service.
- Wide variety of destinations offered in Ireland and Great Britain.
- Offer of courses for adults in several countries including Germany to learn German.
- They offer work placement and au pair programs in England, Ireland, the United States, France and Germany,
- Little offer of courses in the US and Canada.
- Company 100% specialized in language courses in Manchester, United Kingdom, where they have a continuous presence for many years.
- Group departures from Barcelona.
- Small agency that promises a totally personalized service.
- Course offering limited to the Manchester area in the UK.
- Agency that works with more variety of countries on our list
- They have language courses specially designed for families. Parents and children can all go together to enjoy a language stay abroad thanks to this modality.
- They do not offer work abroad programs or the au pair program.
- Nacel is the oldest agency on our list. It was founded nothing more and nothing less than in 1957.
- They offer the possibility of studying School Year in Australia, Germany and China
- Wide range of programs for adults in addition to the different options for young people
- Presence only in Granada without delegations in other provinces
- Wide variety of destinations to learn and also other languages such as French, German or Italian.
- They offer the possibility of studying volunteer programs abroad.
- Professional internship programs.
- Excessive offer of destinations and modalities when deciding on your catalog.
- Presence only in Zaragoza
Tips and recommendations when choosing an agency to take an English course abroad
There are many factors to take into account before deciding on one or another company to study English abroad. Many of the motivations that can lead us to choose one option or another are subjective; from the visual aspect of its website, the appearance of the office, the attention received when requesting information …
In this opinion article we want to share with you some factors that we consider very important to ensure that the company that will manage our stay (or more importantly, that of our children) abroad meets minimum quality criteria:
- Agency associated with ASEPROCE (Spanish Association of Promoters of Courses Abroad): The member companies of this association are obliged to comply with very demanding quality standards that guarantee us the excellence of their professional activity. They receive mandatory independent annual audits in which important elements such as the qualifications of the accompanying monitors in youth groups, compliance with tax obligations by the company, incident response protocols, prestige and security of international providers are evaluated. …
- Professional career of the agency: To ensure that the agency are true specialists in the management of English courses abroad, it is important that it has a consolidated presence in the sector since today there are many agencies that offer this type of services but may lack the experience necessary to ensure a satisfactory stay. It is not the same to entrust a language course abroad to an agency that has not even a year of life than to do it with a company with several years of satisfactory experiences in the sector.
- Concepts included and not included in the price clearly reflected: We must make sure what are the items included in the price of the program in which we are going to enroll. It is important to verify with the agency in question what the costs may be not included in the price that the client must assume and, consequently, the final price initially budgeted will increase. Some very common examples are:
- Air ticket
- Flight fees
- Health insurance
- Accommodation regime (full board, half board …)
- Visa expenses (if necessary)
- Activities included and optional during the course.
- Expenses for validation of studies
- Fair and transparent general contracting conditions: Important details such as the payment schedule, cancellation fees, resolution protocol for possible incidents … should appear in the contract that we signed with the agency.
Taking into account all these factors, we consider that these may currently be the best companies with which to study English abroad.